Assisted Living Architecture & Design Projects
Assisted Living facilities offer housing for seniors who need help with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating but do not require 24-hour medical care. Our Assisted Living designs feature communal dining, living and activity spaces where residents may gather and socialize.
DPA’s senior living architects are committed to designing safe, aesthetically pleasing Assisted Living Communities where residents may enjoy an autonomous lifestyle while maintaining their dignity.
About DPA: Assist Living Architecture Specialists
Douglas Pancake Architects (DPA) is an architectural firm specializing in the design and build of assisted living facilities for seniors and adults requiring assistance with daily living activities. With more than 25 years of experience, DPA’s architects and design specialists, understand the importance of incorporating the best lighting, color schemes, and designs to support the physical, emotional, and psychological needs of facility residents.
About Assisted Living Facilities
What is an Assisted Living Facility?
There is not a nationwide definition of an assisted living facility, but certain characteristics help differentiate assisted living facilities from other senior living options. In general, assisted living facilities:
- Consist of residential apartments as opposed to single rooms as in skilled nursing facilities
- Are best suited for seniors who are mobile but may require assistance with daily tasks such as dressing, bathing, or keeping track of medication
- Allow pets. Each facility has its own policy, but in general, pets are allowed
- Usually serve as a lower cost option for seniors who only need a low level of care
- Have common areas that allow residents to participate in group activities, as well as spend time with fellow residents and family members
Assisted Living Architecture and Design Elements
- Communal Spaces (indoor and outdoor) that promote integration and socialization
- Senior-friendly color schemes, furniture and decor
- Natural and LED lighting
- Carpet and hard floors with matte finishes
- Technology Integration